Dr. Steve Chapman is originally from Mayfield, Kentucky. After graduating high school, Dr. Chapman attended Murray State University. Dr. Chapman continued his education at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry. He graduated with a D.M.D. in 1975. He then served in the United States Navy for two years as a Naval Dental Officer before pursuing specialty training in orthodontics. He completed his specialty program at the University of Florida in 1979. Dr. Chapman was the first dentist to complete the orthodontic residency program at the University of Florida.
Dr. Chapman and his wife, Elizabeth, have four children: Wylie, William, Gabrielle, and Isabelle. Dr. Chapman has a son, Brent, who practices general dentistry in Plantation, Florida. Dr. Chapman enjoys spending time with his family along with water skiing, snow skiing, hunting and restoring old knives.
He is a member of St. Johns Orthodontic Study Club. Yearly, he spends several hours attending continuing education courses. Dr. Chapman views orthodontics as fun and challenging. His current plans are to practice at least 20 more years!
- Past President of Florida Association of Orthodontist
- Past President of The University of Florida Orthodontist Alumni Associates
- Residency in Facial Pain
- Part time instructor for The Facial Pain Clinic at The University of Florida
- Member of the elite Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Guest instructor at The University of London, Kodak Center, England
- Guest lecture at French Orthodontist Society, Marseille, France
- Graduated from The University of Kentucky school of Dentistry
- Graduated from The University of Florida Orthodontic Residency
- Served a Naval Dental Officer in the United States Navy
- Member of the following Associations:
- Florida Dental Associations
- American Dental Associations
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Florida Association of Orthodontists